Constellation

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If like to hear other responses!
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread is marked as solved. Really? How was it solved? Has Samsung released an update that fixes it?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just activated a new S7 and continually end up taking 100 burst mode pictures almost everytime i try to stage a picture, either by tryint to zoom or focus.  Very anoying and basically making the camera worthless to me.  I can find no way to turn off burst mode.  Would not have purchased this phone if I had know of this problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have my total sympathy. Someone at Samsung is obsessed by Burst Mode and will not let users disable it at any cost. No matter how much we serfs complain, it remains compulsory. A pity, because both S7 variants are excellent macines.

Incidentally, why is this issue described as "Solved"? It most assuredly isn't...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this a Samsung issue or an Android issue? If it is Samsung I would recommend that Samsung get it's head out of it's b___ and fix the issue. This has to be one of the stupidest changes yet. Most people want to take single shots NOT bursts. Burst are great for fast action photography not normal snapshots. Allow the user to configure it's use.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree. I would like to know what the benefit is of having burst mode in the first place. At what point would you want to use this. It's fine if you know what you're doing,

My biggest problem is when you want to do a group shot and you give it to a passerby. I find I have to show them how to tap the button. And I watch them as they test it. Most of the time they tap it so hard that the camera moves and they're keeping their finger on the button long enough to activate Burst Mode. Of course the problem is the people waiting for the picture become annoyed and impatient and just disperse. In my experience if the person Taps it in a way that the camera moves. Burst shots will occur. As for myself, I don't have a problem with this personally since I know how it works.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my stupid samsung 7 edge starts bursting without me touching the but and it won't stop, i have to delete a hundred pictures everytime i use the stupid thing

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but we should not have to dothis it is a total pain whoever thought to add this as a feature needs shooting lol Sorry but sick of it and I have only had use of the phone for 24 hours!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Two things I've noticed can trigger it are:

1. Rotating the camera into horizontal landscape mode.

2. Spreading my fingers on the screen to zoom in."

Am I understanding that you're managing to turn off burst mode or somehow avoid the multiple shots? Or are you resetting your camera app to defaults? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, this should be a selectable photo mode like a slow motion. Another needed mode is night shot.

T-Mobile Samsung S7 Edge (SM-G935T) with last Nougat Beta 7.0.