Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Camera>Settings>Reset settings.

This helped me.

spud_coolzip
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be a little more bold and state that leaving no option to disable burst mode is a horrendous oversight on the part of the team which developed this otherwise very fine product. I am going to use a third-party app and disable the factory app if I can. The "you will use this and like this" approach is a very bad way to do business in the US market. It only aggravates customers.

BobMcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not too bold at all spud_coolzip. Arrogance on the part of the developer.
If you find a good, usable 3rd party app pls post
Simplygud
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By setting the timer on, the burst mode will be disabled. This is the best way I discovered so far. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Simplygud,

I'm a little confused by your solution to "setting the timer on". On my S7 Edge, the only opitions for the Timer are:

• Off
  • 2 secs
  • 5 secs
  • 10 secs
  • Take 3 shots

The shortest "wait" to take a photo will be 2 seconds if the timer is turned on. Even that short wait means a good shot might be missed because of the time lag.

Are you saying you choose to put up with a 2 second "shutter lag" just to disable burst mode?

Just wondering.

Theowl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem is I used to press the shutter button to set my exposure.  Pointing the camera at a desired direction and holding the shutter button.  Then aiming the camera at what I wanted to photograph.  Now I just get bursts. 

More frustrating is trying to set exposure in panarama mode.  One reason I upgraded my phone was to get better panoramas. 

donrday
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to add my voice to this list. Something changed in the app's default behavior recently and I'm getting unintended, 100-image burst sessions that I have never asked for. I touch the screen for many reasons: to force focus on the touched image, to preferentially set and hold an exposure, or to pinch/zoom. As indicated by others here, I can confirm that by leaving the screen alone and being fastidious about quickly touching the shutter button, I can avoid the burst mode. But that's not how I WANT to use the camera.

There is a software UX principle of always  avoiding astonishment for users, particularly when there is no way to turn off the source of that pain. Pain should always be an option, not a feature that limits other uses of gestures (and even the willingness to explore touch options for fear of getting anther **bleep** burst of shots that I have to clear out of the gallery one at a time).

So to the developers of Samsung's otherwise good camera app: please simply put in an option for toggling burst. It is the right thing to do, rather than expecting users to visit forums and go through all the "don't do this" experiences we've been logging here.

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@donrday

Very well written! I think you have expressed the sentaments of many a frustraited (non-voluntary) busrt-mode users.

It all seems t be unfortunately falling on deaf ears at Samsung. I thought they were supposed to be the "non-Apple" and actually give users  a  little control over how their phones work. Apparently I was wrong in my thinking.

Perhaps their engineers are simply too busy putting out fires (quite literally) on their Note 7's to even spend a little time with an issue that frustraits so many users.

Thanks for the fine input.

BobMcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed Coolblueice and Dondray

Having been involved in software development for many years,  one of the cardinal rules  in develpment is to get input from the intended user and incorporate this into the final product. Obviously this was not done in this instance. 

SAMSUNG please fix it.

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed BobMcA

It would appear that Samsung is adapting Apple's philosophy, namely "Our customers are too stupid to know what they want... So we will tell them what they want.

Tisk tisk...