Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Oops... Sorry about the missing end quotation mark. (Typo)
stevem230
Constellation

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge [PE/FR]

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. I have found that enabling the voice mode works for me so I can take a picture by saying "smile".  Hopefully Samsung will bring out an update that will fix the problem. 

TyneBridges
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to add my voice to this! We need to be able to disable burst mode AND set the volume controls so that (if we want) they do nothing in the camera app. There must be many of us who don't want any of the "zoom, take pictures or take video" options.

RPinLA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alas, I do not have a answer for your desire to diasable burst mode.

The Samsung S7 Edge was the best camera App I have ever had.  Great pictures especially in low light.

Now it is not even usable.   Burst mode seems to engage all the time and ruins the photos.  I just get a sting of fuzzy out of focus shots.

I missed out on geting any good photos of my daughter and her friends over parents weekend because of this phone.  

Hopefully the google camera app has not added this terrible feature.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RPinLA if you read the responses above you will see that there are some solutions.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userq79MTqte5e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did find a temporary work-around until Samsung decides to make burst-mode toggle-able (i.e. turn it off). 

I discovered Burst Mode is automatically disabled when one shoots in Raw Mode
This won't appeal to many people without Photoshop or Lightroom because the saved files (an open source DNG file + a JPG) are uncompressed, much bigger in file size, and require a DNG reader from Adobe to see it on computers and "develop" the DNG file - a sort of digital negative.
And yet, this creates another problem. In Pro mode, setting the toggle to save Raw files, not only disables (temporarily) the Burst Mode, it automatically routes storage to only the built-in camera storage, not the external micro-SD card. Samsung saw the error in this and changed it (returning more storage options to the user) in the hotly-contested Note-7, but as of now, my DNG files are filling my camera storage and need perioding housecleaning.

Hope this helps some. Believe me, I know this is an unacceptable fix. But in the absence of any help from Samsung, some might find it a usable band-aid.

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userq79MTqte5e wrote:

I did find a temporary work-around until Samsung decides to make burst-mode toggle-able (i.e. turn it off). 

I discovered Burst Mode is automatically disabled when one shoots in Raw Mode. ...

You really have to wonder whether Samsung is deliberately doing this to wind up customers. You can turn off this useless "feature" in Raw Mode but not in Normal Mode? Has anybody, anybody anywhere, chosen to buy an S7 because it has an unremovable Burst Mode "feature"?

russ57
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

more likely that in raw mode its not possible to save fast enough for burst mode.... 

userq79MTqte5e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Russ 57 - exactly! And that's why the Raw Mode is not a good solution to simply avoid Burst Mode. Instead of filling it with bursts of 100 JPGS, you are getting Raw DNG files filling the camera storage.

RonZimmerman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have volume set to the shutter button . When I press and hold the volume or  onscreen button in Pro mode using RAW I still get burst mode. It does not prevent burst. You can use the voice activated shutter, such as saying Shoot, and you will not get burst mode. It also helps against camera shake.