cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neutron Star

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@foreverfun82

Click on setting in camera. What is "volume key function" setting set to? 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

foreverfun82
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Volume Keys Function is set to "Take Pictures"

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Set it to Video and see if it does the same.

foreverfun82
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help. Your suggestion has made me aware that despite being very careful not to touch the screen, I didn't realize while holding the phone on it's side along a straight edge, I was accidentally pushing the volume keys while trying to keep the phone level during closeup shots.

Hopefully, in the future, there will be an option to turn off the burst mode but for now I will just have to be more careful.

Thanks again!

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all...

Just to let you know, I recently received a private message from a Samsung employee. I won't mention his name but I think the message was genuine.

In his message he said:

"I was reviewing the thread you are in about "Burst Mode" and wanted to let you know that I am reaching out to our product team to see if there is anything they can do. No promises, but I wanted to let you know that you and your peer's comments are being heard and actioned as often as possible by our teams here.".

While this is no guaranty that anything will be done, at least it's encouraging that someone from Samsung actually monitors this thread and will at least put the issue in front of the development team.

Let's hope for the best.

And thanks to the Samsung employee who took the time to send me a personal message. (You know who you are. Man Happy )

In appreciation, I'd like to offer Samsung a low cost solution to the Galaxy Note 7 issue. There's no need to stop production, simply rename the model to the "Galaxy Korean Barbeque 7". Then the overheating could be called "a feature" rather than "a problem".

Ha ha... Ok ok... Just joking! ;-)

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Foreverfun82, Superman is on the right track... If I could add a little to what he wrote... While the camera app is running the default setting for the physical volumn buttons is to have them act as a shutter release... I found that in trying to avoid having my fingers anywhere near the shutter button on the screen, I was inadvertently holding the phone with my thumb on the volumn control buttons.... in turn inadvertently triggering bust mode.

You can redefine the volumn buttons ... but (within the camera app) the only other option is to set them to zoom in/out... That's a bit of a pain as well, as now I accidentally zoom in when I don't want to... but at least I'm not taking 100 photos at a time that I didn't want.

As Superman suggested, go into the settings for the camera and see what the volume control buttons are set to. Chances are you are accidentally pushing one of those... and that triggers burst mode.

Samsung really has their heads stuck up their backsides on this one.

Jajones20
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My friend is right now rotating to horizontal without pressing the screen or button at all and it took about  50 shots. Yes, this is a bug to look into. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jajones20 Is your friend's camera setting, look at "Zoom button" setting and tell me what it is set to. Thanks

Highlighted
Kat67
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDrew wrote:

Superman is correct. If you rotate your device and it causes the camera to take a burst shot, there is some type of issue that we will need to delve into more. But if you rotate the device and accidentally hold down the shutter button, this will make the camera take burst shots. As for the device taking 100's of images, the burst shot only takes images as long as you hold down the shutter button. If your device is taking 100's of images, we will need to delve into that separate issue too. 

But with all of this said, if you are pressing and holding the shutter button, the phone will take burst images. The only way to prevent this is to use a 3rd party application. I am very sorry for any frustration this may cause.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting any of these issues, please provide the following information. 

• Is this issue repeatable or does it only happen every so often? 
  • The full model number and carrier of your device.(if you have not already provided this.)

My s7 edge takes burst photos not landscape mode just pointing it at something .  it's extremely annoying! I  don't press anything and there's no way for stopping it .  But it's random nd sometimes doesn't do it 

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're not going to convince Samsung that this is a bug, not a feature. It's like dealing with Microsoft or Apple. They know better than the customers what they really want.

That being determined, can anybody recommend a camera app that doesn't have this irritating "feature"?