cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denise3p
Asteroid

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the volume keys set to zoom. Taking the picture is by touching the camera icon on the screen. If my finger hovers too close (thereby touching for longer than an instant) bust mode happens. I have to keep my finger far from the screen, then touch to take and remove my finger immediately. This can be difficult when trying to hold the phone, focus, maybe zoom or not, and trying not to drop the phone so I frequently accidentally enable burst.
I feel it should be a setting choice...not a feature that occurs while juggling a phone that is really not conducive to picture taking ease
Jajones20
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, that's what I get for assuming that making vol keys zoom would prevent burst mode.Sorry.

I'm with you--it should be a setting. How often does anyone really want burst mode? 

BobMcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED?? Exactly where in settings and how does this disable burst mode??

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you are missing the point that for the original poster, the issue is resolved. Resolved status for a post is decided by the original poster.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

denise3p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually. ..not solved.  I didn't approve that.  It is still a problem.  It will always be a problem and I've just made allowances to try and keep my freaking finger away from the darn phone until I'm ready to shoot.  I still accidentally get burst sets and I hate it. 

There is no setting to solve this. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your point but the original poster of this topic is user "mightymo1961". For him the issue was resolved. I'm just trying to help you understand how the features of this forum work. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5Q2YADNp1q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot find this option !  Will you tell me exactly where to find this in settings?

Akasupermom
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s7, not edge, and am with the mobile. My camera randomly takes 47 or 27 or 100 burst photos and I amnot pressing the shutter. I literally just stared at my phone while the photos racked up.

Highlighted
coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might be accidentally doing the same thing that a lot of us did in order to keep our fingers away from the on-screen shutter button... Many of us carefully held the phone by its edges... Well, the volume up/down keys function as a shutter when the camera app is running. Just lightly touching one of those will trigger burst mode as well...

The only "work around" (if you can call it that) is to go into the phone settings and change the buttons to zoom in/out mode (instead of functioning as the shutter button). This, as you might suspect, doesn't "fix" anything... but rather keeps us from accidentally pushing the physical buttons and triggering burst mode.

Soooo many people complain about this.... yet Samsung insistes on saying "this isn't a bug.... it's a feature"... Ya... right.

Berrybest1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys and girls,

I did a Google search about this issue BECAUSE, at my nephew's wedding last April where my only child was a Groomsman, I wanted to be sure I got the shot of my son and a bridesmaid entering the reception. Of course, I held the button down for more than 1 second, and that ensured I did NOT get the shot but at LEAST a hundred of worthless burst shots.

I am NOT trying to play the pity card, but my son and I are estranged, so I was NOT at his wedding. Ugh!!! I guess I will reset to default and NEVER press the "button" for longer than a tenth of a second. This lesson was a horribly difficult one to learn, but whenever I attend a once in a lifetime event, I  will be bringing a SEPARATE digital camera!!!

Live and learn something new everyday of your life!!!!😉

Laura Berry