JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge [PE/FR]

(Topic created on: 4/1/16 5:01 PM)
mightymo1961
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone know how to disable the "burst mode" on the new s7 Edge?  I keep taking multiple photos when I am only wanting to take one.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
106 Replies
Superman
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Google camera app is good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Aizoon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Alas not available in the UK yet :(

@Superman wrote:

Google camera app is good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

0 Likes
Aizoon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But at least Open Camera lets me switch off that accursed Burst Mode. It's not bad, either. Only drawback is not being able to call it up with two clicks on the button, but it's worth it just for the photo memory it saves

0 Likes
Superman
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Search for "Google Camera APK" via google search. You should see a lin from apkmirror that you can download the APK file and install it.

0 Likes
Solution
Jajones20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just go into Settings and disable using the shutter button as a means of taking pictures.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Aizoon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That would be f8ne if that was what I wanted. But it's not :(

0 Likes
Aizoon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's not what I want. I want to use the shutter button without the annoying and storage-eating burst mode. Surely this should be possible.
0 Likes
Superman
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

In the camera setting change the function to not allow Volume buttons to take pictures (just like another user said). 

See the setting here: http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-simple-camera-tips-settin...

If that is not an option for you then please explain what option you see in Camera setting that could relate to Burst mode.

0 Likes
denise3p
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I went into settings and was unable to find anything that would change using the camera symbol to touch when taking a picture.  Other than changing it to be voice (saying smile or whiskey) there appear to be no settings that change the method of actually taking a picture. 

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Jajones20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Camera settings | Volume Keys function | choose either Take pictures, Record video, or Zoom. I assume that if it doesn't take pictures, it won't do burst mode either.  You take the picture by touching the camera icon on the screen.

I so miss my LG, which didn't have buttons on the side and which let me take pictures by touching anywhere on the screen. 

0 Likes