cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neutron Star

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google camera app is good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alas not available in the UK yet Smiley Sad

@Superman wrote:

Google camera app is good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But at least Open Camera lets me switch off that accursed Burst Mode. It's not bad, either. Only drawback is not being able to call it up with two clicks on the button, but it's worth it just for the photo memory it saves

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Search for "Google Camera APK" via google search. You should see a lin from apkmirror that you can download the APK file and install it.

Jajones20
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just go into Settings and disable using the shutter button as a means of taking pictures.

View solution in original post

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would be f8ne if that was what I wanted. But it's not Smiley Sad

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's not what I want. I want to use the shutter button without the annoying and storage-eating burst mode. Surely this should be possible.
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the camera setting change the function to not allow Volume buttons to take pictures (just like another user said). 

See the setting here: http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-simple-camera-tips-settin...

If that is not an option for you then please explain what option you see in Camera setting that could relate to Burst mode.

denise3p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went into settings and was unable to find anything that would change using the camera symbol to touch when taking a picture.  Other than changing it to be voice (saying smile or whiskey) there appear to be no settings that change the method of actually taking a picture. 

Am I missing something?

Jajones20
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Camera settings | Volume Keys function | choose either Take pictures, Record video, or Zoom. I assume that if it doesn't take pictures, it won't do burst mode either.  You take the picture by touching the camera icon on the screen.

I so miss my LG, which didn't have buttons on the side and which let me take pictures by touching anywhere on the screen.