cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbpovfGqcIn
Asteroid

Disable LED indicator during Do Not Disturb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge.  Is there a way to turn off the LED indicator while the phone is in Do Not Disturb mode?  I use this mode at night while sleeping.  The phone sits on the nightstand next to the bed.  I'll receive emails during the night (usually automated messages that don't require immediate attention).  When I receive a message the LED inidicator starts flashing.  It can be very bright in a completely dark room.  I could turn the phone over however sometimes I have it sitting on a wireless charger charging overnight.  I'd like to leave the LED inidicator active so I can see it during the day.  I'd just like to turn it off at night.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Disable LED indicator during Do Not Disturb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had no idea that the LED indicator still flashed when in DND mode. I don't think there's a way to set that up specifically so it's off whenever you activate that mode at night, however the setting for the LED indicator is easily toggled from your Settings menu. You'll want to navigate down to the Display settings(I know...weird it's not under Notifications), and it should say LED Indicator. Pretty positive toggling that off will just stop the LED from lighting up any time you receive notifications, and even while charging.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had no idea that the LED indicator still flashed when in DND mode. I don't think there's a way to set that up specifically so it's off whenever you activate that mode at night, however the setting for the LED indicator is easily toggled from your Settings menu. You'll want to navigate down to the Display settings(I know...weird it's not under Notifications), and it should say LED Indicator. Pretty positive toggling that off will just stop the LED from lighting up any time you receive notifications, and even while charging.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userbpovfGqcIn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungMarcos,

Yes I can toggle the indicator on and off each night, and that's probably what I'll have to do.  It would be nice to control that from the Notifications (or Display) settings but we have to work with what we have.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So true. Maybe we'll see something like that with future devices...it's a great suggestion!

Glad you at least have a somewhat easy workaround with this, as sleep is super important.

userOE4sQxnWIv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Future? It USED to when it was 'blocking' mode! Also, phone calls used to go straight to voice mail, now the screen all lights up and everything. You might as well put the phone on silent! The only feature is letting certain callers through.

userowRc2VfRH7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This feature was available as part of Do Not Disturb mode in the S4. It's surprising that it was removed in the later versions of the phone.

user3XsgOzf0jp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0, there's now an option in the Do Not Disturb options that lets you toggle whether the LED indicator lights up on DND. Hope this helps! 

userOE4sQxnWIv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

cheers, but i've always had this set, the charging light is the one that bugs me. it should turn ALL led off