JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable Screen Timeout Android 10

(Topic created: 03-20-2020 08:35 PM)
useruSMKBrCbcZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since upgrading to Android 10, my Keep Screen On app no longer works... Nor do any similar apps I've tried. This is extremely frustrating when on a conference call (using ear buds). I work from home a couple of days per week (every day now due to COVID-19). I want my screen to stay on (NOT DIMMED) during calls so I can quickly toggle mute on/off. For now, I've enabled developer options so that it doesn't completely timeout... but that still lets it dim and, for it to work, I have to leave it charging.

Please let me know how I can COMPLETELY disable the timeout. 

BTW, please refrain from any lectures on why this is a bad idea. You will not be held responsible for damage to my screen caused by it staying on. I know the risks and fully accept them. 🙂 

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useruSMKBrCbcZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks to my daughter for not giving up and finally finding an app that works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.lkstudios.keepscreenon

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
useruSMKBrCbcZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks to my daughter for not giving up and finally finding an app that works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.lkstudios.keepscreenon

View solution in context

jellodragon
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Glad to see you find a solution that works for you!

0 Likes
user279wugHSzD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for sharing! Exactly what I was looking for! 🙂

userdaH1QDOgzF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Indeed, thanks for sharing and your daughter for not giving up on it.

マダーさん
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you useruSMKBrCbcZ' daughter!! I think this will work if I can just find a way to turn off the lock screen that also seems to time my phone out when studying... it will be wonderful. A wonderful find! It is ridiculous to even have to do this. This is my first Samsung and I will tell you... because of this and tgings LIKE this it will certainly be my very LAST. I want to go back to my ZTE where as an ADULT who likes to read and study for MORE than 10 mins at a time... I SHOULD be able to do just THAT WITHOUT checking in with my device... getting almost permission to continue. WHO do they think they ARE??? SMH...