Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wayner46
Asteroid

Do I Need an Antivirus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge and love it. Do I need an antivirus for it or is it reasonably protected as long as I stay in the Google Play Store and practise reasonable precautions (i.e. not clicking on links in unknown emails, text messages and so forth)? I know a lot of AV companies push their mobile plans but frankly I'm unconvinced that they're necessary. I have Lastpass Premium so I don't need a password manager. Your input would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Do I Need an Antivirus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think you already know what to avoid and be safe. As long as you do not visit sites of questionable quality, and do what you mentioned, you will be fine and do not need a AV softwre. 

I also would recomend using chrome as your browser. Google Chrome many times has told me that a site I tried to navigate to is unsafe. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think you already know what to avoid and be safe. As long as you do not visit sites of questionable quality, and do what you mentioned, you will be fine and do not need a AV softwre. 

I also would recomend using chrome as your browser. Google Chrome many times has told me that a site I tried to navigate to is unsafe. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Debby95
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is Google Chrome recommended an install of PSafe antivirus app?

Sudh33r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the latest version of Android is so advanced in security. if you have some important files then download one for sure. don't download anything out of play store to be on safe side.