cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Do Not Disturb Never worked from day 1

I am utterly disappointed with Samsung. Let that be my first and last phone with them. I was gifted the Galaxy S7 and the Do Not Disturb never blocked any calls straight from the box, even when I set to only allow "alarms". I pretty much received a brand new phone with a software bug... what a great first impression. I called their tech support and it was a useless effort. I have done factory reset, cleared cache partition, called my phone provider and was informed that my issue is an Android Software Issue. Calling Samsung back to let them know, they want to refer me to their store but I can't go in because of the pandemic and everything is closed. It's a software issue, can you guys just fix it already? a lot of people are reporting the same issue and they don't seem to give a  about fixing it. Out of frustration, I resorted to using the mute option so as to not deal with this non sense..after so many months, I want to get to the bottom of the issue and I don't even know if they will be willing to help me since my warranty has run out. It's beyond irritating. I am never buying a Samsung phone nor will I recommend it to anyone... uuugh

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Do Not Disturb Never worked from day 1

Hello, 

are you getting calls from WhatsApp, or calls from the regular phone application linked to your SIM card? It may be an issue with the carrier, as your carrier may be allowing phone calls to go through regardless if you have "Do not Disturb" on. Your carrier or the settings on your phone may allow phone calls to go through because it assumes those calls are emergency callers, regardless if you have "Do not Disturb" on. Can you show a picture of your Do not Disturb settings?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I get calls come through via Whatsapp and regular calls. I have attached two screen shots, one of the DND setting and the other is of the home screen showing incoming call with DND activated. The call doesn't ring on my phone, but the caller can hear it ring on their end, as if DND is not activated. I have already called my phone carrier and they stated it's an Android Software issue. I have had an IOS before, with the same carrier, and never experienced this issue. It would be great if this can be fixed. ThxHome Screen.jpgDo Not Disturb Setting.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Any ideas on how to get this to work as intended? The phone's software is up to date as well. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test the Do Not Disturb feature with your device in safe mode?

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

I tried the suggestion above, put the phone in Safe Mode, turned on DND, and it did not change anything. A regular phone call came through as if DND was not activated. So far, everything I've done has had no effect: phone's software is up to date, changed settings, cleared cache partition, factory reset, network reset, and safe mode. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

Any other suggestions as to what the next steps are? I've done all the technical troubleshootings necessary on my end and can only conclude the specific DND feature in the Android coding software is not functional. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! as you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps I recommend having your device evaluated by a technician. You may take it to your local UbreakIfix and they can usually have it back to you in a day. Alternatively, I can set your device up to be shipped to our service center, if this is something you are interested in send me a private message with the model code and imei number for your device