Original topic:

Do you recognize this alert?? Please listen :)

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 02:07 AM)
useriLbLGsshOG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Super Annoying Alerts will NOT GO AWAY!!

Can you please listen..It and see if you recognize it!!!

wav file 

m4a file 

1. I have turned off all apps notification
  2. I have turned volume to zero
  3. I have put phone on mute
  4. I have deleted all unused apps

Still I get this very annoying alert that seems to go on for several minutes

I open my s6 and it goes away and there is No recent notifications in the list

then minutes later it goes off again

so my opening phone it just snoozes the alert

it is like a wakeup alarm that I can NOT FIND and delete

This phone is in-operable!!

If you recognize the name of this alert I will replace it with a silent version .. If I can edit it that is.

0 Likes
3 Replies
NeonX89
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ha! That's unfortunate and kinda funny. Well if you're willing to save everything on an SD card or flash drive best see if you can factory reset should kill whatever is running hidden in the background.
Awelch302
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A 2015 Galaxy s6 probably just is out of date and my recommendation would be to get a Galaxy S9 or newer
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are having a random alarm-like sound coming from your device frequently and unwarranted. In addition to the factory data reset mentioned, you can try wiping your device's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, you can try Safe Mode, just in case a third-party application might be to blame. The steps for Safe Mode are here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes