JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Instagram mode take better pictures then the camera inside the app?

(Topic created: 07-12-2019 01:42 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone know for sure if instagram mode takes better pictures then the camera inside the instsgram app? It seems like it to me when i keep switching between the two. Just wanna make sure it doesn't decompress the photo at all. Thanks.

5 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @JRbowling1997, I hope you're doing well.

The Instagram camera mode does indeed take better images than the camera mode within Instagram itself. This  is because the Instagram mode within the need of camera app uses certain system files (libs and optimizations) to capture images at full resolution and clarity. The camera within Instagram itself is set up generically for android in general. One thing to note, the Instagram app will always compress images to a certain extent.

I hope this response helps clarify things for you. Have a great rest of your day! 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Compress by how much? Does the iphone version do the same thing?

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @JRbowling1997. I don't know exactly how much compression Instagram does but it isn't as bad as it used to be. This is a set compression by Facebook/Instagram. The iPhone also gets its images compressed just like the Android version of the app.

For specifics on the compression, I'd suggest reaching out to Instagram support.

i hope this helps clear any questions. Have a good one!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Awesome thank you

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anytime, I'm glad I could be of service. Enjoy your weekend!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador