JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Smart Switch Do A FULL Backup Each Time it is Run?

(Topic created: 09-06-2020 06:51 PM)
userxh734Yg4uC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If I run an initial Samsung Smart Switch Backup of my S10 what happens the second time I run it?  Does it do a completely new backup or does it just append any new data  ("Sync") that has been added to the phone since the original Backup?  I am surprised I was unable to find this information anywhere during my searches.  Thank you for youe assistance.        Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jeeprancher
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe it makes a separate backup and when you restore, it will ask from which backup date you want to restore from.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Jeeprancher
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe it makes a separate backup and when you restore, it will ask from which backup date you want to restore from.

View solution in context

userxh734Yg4uC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Jeeprancher.  If that's the way it works, I suppose I could keep two copies on my computer and delete the older backup before running my next backup.  It takes up more space on my computer that way but I guess it's more secure having two backups "just-in-case".   

0 Likes
aguitron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
what are you guys using as your phones backup for files, pics, contacts, etc... (new to android- moved from icloud on ios
0 Likes
userxh734Yg4uC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My primary backup for just the “Basics” (photos, vids, contacts,) is my gmail account, which syncs automatically.  I’m using Smart Switch to make a complete backup of my phone to my computer in case I have to do a “full restore” of everything.  If you open a Samsung account, you can also do a backup to their “Cloud” storage for most of your data (photos, vids, messages, etc.) unless your carrier is Verizon.  Verizon for some reason limits what you can back up to the Samsung cloud storage (example: you cannot back up text messages).

aguitron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thanks for your help man! I love the pc backup option. appreciate that tip!
0 Likes