JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

YouTube 4k videos aren't showing in 4k

(Topic created: 08-01-2019 06:37 PM)
Samsung_SQA10Yc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So, I was wondering on YouTube why 4k videos weren't playing in 4k. Is that because the s10 doesn't have a 4k display?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NBI
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The Samsung S10 camera is Capable of taking 4K video, but S10 display isn't 4k compatible so it just plays in 1440p in YouTube app. Yes the display needs to support 4K to play video in 4k resolution.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
G4ost
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the s10 isnt 4k, it makes 4k as 1440.

0 Likes
Michael_C
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Correct, the S10 has a QHD (1440p) display.

0 Likes
Solution
NBI
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The Samsung S10 camera is Capable of taking 4K video, but S10 display isn't 4k compatible so it just plays in 1440p in YouTube app. Yes the display needs to support 4K to play video in 4k resolution.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What resolution happens when the 4k video is cast to a 4k TV?  Does it still only do the resolution of the phone?  Or what if the phone is running Dex on the 4k TV. is Dex playback limited to phone resolution?

0 Likes