cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teppka
Cosmic Ray

Does closing all apps in the backgroubd really help with battery life?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried using my S7 edge one day not closing any apps in the background at all and did not notice any change in battery life. When you cllse all apps in the background every time to switch off your screen, I believe they need more energy to restart when you launch them again. Also the contacts app takes much longer to reopen and is becoming slow.

I wander if there is any benifit from closing all apps in the background every time you switch your screen off. I do clean the RAM when necessary clicking on widget but that's it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Does closing all apps in the backgroubd really help with battery life?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The answer is yes it does help. There is no way for Samsung to explian this as they cannot predict how third party applications will behave with their devices.

Certain applications will continue to run in the background and can access your radios (Wifi, Gps, and Bluetooth) all of which put strain on the battery. Even some stock applications can do this.

Closing them completely will help prevent this and should give you more life.

I recommend if you think an application is causing your battery life to drain abnormally that you contact the application developer and request they optimize it per your device. They are the only ones who will be able to fix the issue.

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, some apps will continue to run in the background so closing them out (Should) increase your battery life. I had an expierince with an app called Summoner Wars on my HTC that, even in the background, kept my BoomSound running and sucked the life right out of my battery as if I were still running it. I wound up uninstalling it completely as I got tired of having to remeber to close out of it completely and wound up with a dead battery.

The same thing would apply with the S7 where an app could cause unwanted battery drain.

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, some apps will continue to run in the background so closing them out (Should) increase your battery life. I had an expierince with an app called Summoner Wars on my old phone that, even in the background, kept my boomsound running and sucked the life right out of my battery as if I were still running it. I wound up uninstalling it completely as I got tired of having to remeber to close out of it completely and wound up with a dead battery. This did this even when I had my screen off and not doing anything else.

The same thing would apply with the S7 where an app could cause unwanted battery drain.

Highlighted
Teppka
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am really interested to have a firm answer if possible. I would assume that it "should". But I'd like to know for sure. I wander if Samsung has this explained somethere? 

Thanks for help

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The answer is yes it does help. There is no way for Samsung to explian this as they cannot predict how third party applications will behave with their devices.

Certain applications will continue to run in the background and can access your radios (Wifi, Gps, and Bluetooth) all of which put strain on the battery. Even some stock applications can do this.

Closing them completely will help prevent this and should give you more life.

I recommend if you think an application is causing your battery life to drain abnormally that you contact the application developer and request they optimize it per your device. They are the only ones who will be able to fix the issue.

View solution in original post