cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Duplicate text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue for the past few weeks.

Already been to carrier (Tmobile), not able to fix. Told me to contact Samsung

Already did the safe mode, no change

We all know it is not a carrier problem since it is happening on multiple devices across multiple carriers.

Samsung ..... we need a OS patch to fix

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here... Help?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What messaging application are you using? Have you used more than one and checked to verify you disabled any additional ones you don't use?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything listed here with no results. At&t said I should upgrade the phone to s9.  My windows 8 phone lasted over five years with no problems. Until all the apps got removed and I was forced to buy a android. Now a year later my new $900 phone is junk. Double messages, so slow it wont let me answer a call at times and now it locks up. I miss my windows phone it just worked. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to

Settings > Apps > Messages

Set Notifications to Blocked

Remove ALL permissions

Go to your new messaging app which for me is Facebook messenger, send a text, verify problem solved.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. In the past 3 days I have been receiving constant software updates. Yesterday all old text was sent to "EVERY CONTACT" and today 2 more updates. The OUTBOX email sent to all my contacts. What a mess; this is my work phone and personnel information was distributed to my entire team!!

I need some HELP !! PRONTO

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the thread? If none of them helped we recommend reaching out to the carrier directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My Galaxy S9+ gets duplicate text messages intermittently. I notice it mostly with picture messages... I'll get one message with a partial download of a picture and I'll get one that will have the picture attached that I can click on to view. Currently, I am not receiving picture messages AT ALL, worse problem. One of them under, View Details, seems to be an MMS and the other an SMS, can't remember which one works and which one doesn't. On occasion, I have been able to clear the partition cache and under, Connections - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names - Reset to default. I don't know which action works, but for a short period of time, I'll be able to receive picture messages. I wonder if this should be it's own post. Thanks in advance for any help. PS: I haven't tried the fixes listed above yet. I will update after.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the Galaxy S10e first of April through Cellcom in northern Wisconsin and have been having periodic double/quadruple texts from some people.  Sporadic.  Tech support reflashed phone, then we deleted the contacts and reloaded, then replaced the SIM card and I still get quadruple duplicate texts once in awhile.  They thought it might be weak reception, but it happend today while I had 4 bars of signal.  They offered to put me in an iPhone tomorrow for no charge.  Like my Samsung, but I don't want to be stuck with a "lemon"... 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing your experience

-------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users