JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Duplicate text messages

(Topic created: 07-10-2018 02:51 PM)
userR3jhLMoTXj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone experienced duplicate text messages coming thru on their S7? Could this be phone related or a provider issue?

63 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you purchase your unit in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userdS5IIedXoz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, purchased in the US

0 Likes
Kimw616
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone updated on Wed and ever since it's been slow, battery is dying within hours and the stock messages app is terrible. It's been slow, freezing and double messaging. Also my picture messages don't automatically download (it's set to), and group chat doesn't work. I can no longer change the background or the text size and I can barely read them the font is so small. I can enlarge, but reverts back as soon as I close the message thread. 

My phone was completely fine before the last update, now it's almost unusable. Is there anyway to undo this update or a fix for this?! I am not factory resetting either. 

And yes all apps are up to date, phones been restarted and put into safe mode. None of these fixes the problem. This is ridiculous for a new phone that I'm still paying for to have this happen after an update . 

0 Likes
userdpKFVNlZFE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issues.  Must be from the update.  Hope they come out with an update to fix the update soon!!

0 Likes
userdpKFVNlZFE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issues.  Hopefully they will come out with an update to fix the update soon.

0 Likes
userWqjeWMgeTq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Model number SMN950U

Baseband version N950UQU4CRDT

Wireless Carrier  Sprint 

0 Likes
user3JDsVrrcbm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you update software on your own? The latest version is suppose to be RD7 for Note 8 Sprint according to their website.
0 Likes
powersgrandma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I get duplicate messages on my S5 active, but the second message almost looks like a Facebook messenger, the way it arrives. The regular message comes into messages, and there is an icon created at the same time, if you hold it, you see a duplicate message program in a different color! I reboot the phone, and it stops for a few days, and then it starts doing it again. 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried rebooting your phone into safe mode to see if the problem continues? 

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, just following up to see if you need any assistance?

0 Likes