cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Duplicate text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone experienced duplicate text messages coming thru on their S7? Could this be phone related or a provider issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Duplicate text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all troubleshooting steps provided have failed, you may need service repair. I would be happy to look into that for you. Can you provide me with the model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and when you started noticing this happen. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userR3jhLMoTXj. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and when you started noticing this happen. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not the originator of this post, but I'm having the same issue and none of the suggestions helped. 

Model Samsung-SM-G930A

Baseband G930AUCU4BQK2

Carrier AT&T

Just noticed it today but it is affecting past text messages as well. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, my messages started duplicating last week

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@asmith53

Just to check, have you tried the steps mentioned earlier in the thread?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES.  AFter sending a text, the same message is filled in again ready to send

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem also turns out I had both the message+ from Verizon and the one that came with the phone both saved text messafes. So when I tried to use a third texting app (not Verizon or Samsung) the text started posting more then one. Do you have two or more texting apps? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem also turns out I had both the message+ from Verizon and the one that came with the phone both saved text messages. So when I tried to use a third texting app (not Verizon or Samsung) the text started posting more then one. Do you have two or more texting apps? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem also turns out I had both the messageplus from Verizon and the one that came with the phone both saved text messages. So when I tried to use a third texting app ( not Verizon or Samsung ) the text started posting more then one. Do you have two or more texting apps?