Original topic:

Edge lighting not working for all apps

(Topic created on: 2/13/21 9:32 PM)
Kaliope
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi. I have an S10+ and use Textra and Snapchat for messaging, and while both are selected in my Notifications settings for brief pop up and edge lighting (all apps are selected), these two apps seem to be the only ones I don't get edge lighting for. It's very frustrating bc they're my most commonly used apps. If my screen is off it will just wake the screen and show the icon on the lock screen. If my phone is unlocked but just sitting then I only get the icon in the status bar up top. I've played with settings for a couple days now with no luck. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to pinpoint what it is. Anyone else having a similar issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Adaboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
) Textra Settings > Customize Notifications > Style When Unlocked = Android Heads-up
2) Android Settings > Display > Edge screen > tap Edge lighting > set to Always then tap Manage Notifications, ensure Textra is ON
0 Likes
Kaliope
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you! I also found those instructions from a similar question posed a couple years ago, but they need updating. Once you open Customize Notifications, tap "Android Settings" > which opens a Notification Category screen I'm unfamiliar with and can't seem to locate by navigating any other way through settings on the phone. From here, I toggled "Show as pop up" to on and now edge lighting works perfectly with Textra! Unfortunately I still haven't found the magic steps for Snapchat, so if you, or anyone else, have the solution I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Screenshot_20210214-011614_Textra.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-011954_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
userglkHlmCADc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't find my edge light fuction on my note 10 after an update yesterday
LivinTheDream
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones