Original topic:

Edit joined contacts

(Topic created on: 3/13/21 4:47 AM)
Arku Karo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi everybody!

After Feb update, design of Contacts app has been changed. Now, I cannot separately edit parts of joined contacts. E.g. if I have the same contact at phone and Email account, I cannot compare and sync data, cannot delete only phone contact etc.

Moreover, now I cannot link another contact to exisiting one (can only dislink someones).

Is it a chance to get back previous functionality of the app?

Thanks a lot to everybody answered. BRGDS, Arkady

3 Replies
jwyjr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a similar problem. I keep all of my contacts on my Laptop Outlook & Office365 account. Up until February, my Samsung Contacts would sync from my Outlook Account. Now it will not bring in new contacts or changes made to my Outlook Contacts. The Samsung Contacts sync will also not let me add my Outlook Account into the sync process. I use my Outlook Contacts to keep extensive notes on past meetings, conversations, etc. One time I tried making an edit to the memo notes on my phone and Samsung Contacts corrupted the memo section, truncated over 2/3 of my history of one contact. So now I ONLY makes changes and notes on my Outlook contacts via my laptop. I have submitted a problem report to Samsung, but as of yet all I have gotten is that they were working on it.
0 Likes
JMRS20NOTE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a similar problem as well. I'm looking for the functionality that allowed me to link contacts irregardless of whether they have the same name. People do still change names, nicknames and even business names over time. Why would this functionality be missing???
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What type of device are you using?

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, service provider, and contact apps version number?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

What version of Android are you running on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes