Original topic:

Editing section of message in Messenger no longer working on Galaxy s10.

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 06:36 AM)
userCa1Bs8KbAg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi. When writing messages in Facebook Messenger, at times I can not highlight specific text to change. It only allows me to cut, copy, paste the whole section, not specific words or sentences. The screenshot below shows what I want to get to, but cannot when writing the message in the Facebook Messenger app. I've checked my Settings & everything looks ok. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am sorry to hear of your difficulty highlighting specific sections of text on Messenger, and can understand the frustration and inconvenience. Those blue drops on your highlighted text can be dragged and moved to highlight what you want on the text, so if you do that, it will let you highlight what you wish. If that is not working, you can try clearing the app's cache and data using this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/#:~:text=Open%20Settings%2C%20and%20then%20swi....
If that does not help, I would recommend contacting the Facebook Messenger app developers, as the app is managed by them, not Samsung.

userCa1Bs8KbAg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks. The box in the screenshot is the one that works properly. At times, this box does not appear when I press & hold on text. A different, square, box appears where it only gives the options of copying, pasting, etc, ALL the text & doesn't allow me to choose the text I want to change.
0 Likes
userCa1Bs8KbAg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks again. I have cleared the cache as suggested & will see how that works. I used Samsung's Feedback on this issue since I'm using Samsung's keyboard & I thought this was a keyboard issue.
0 Likes