cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aergern
Cosmic Ray

Eligibility of the Galaxy S7 Edge (Unlocked) [SM-G935U] for the beta?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Beta app installed and have been trying for days to get it to work. I keep getting " Server Error. Try again later" even after I've read serveral times that slots have opened. Is my handset eligible since it's on T-Mobile but the 935U variant? I'd love to have Grace UX back since I had to return 2 Note 7's. I'd really like to test this out.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
aergern
Cosmic Ray

Re: Eligibility of the Galaxy S7 Edge (Unlocked) [SM-G935U] for the beta?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah. Ok. Bummer. I guess it was a mistake to buy the unlocked version directly from Samsung. I suppose I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for the confirmation that it's the unlocked Samsung device that's been the issue. I suppose I'll just wait for the final release .. whenever that might come.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @aergern

The Samsung Beta Program has reached its maximum number of users allowed and is limited to select carrier devices provided through the initial carrier network. Currently, this would be T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint. We apologize for any confusion. 

Highlighted
aergern
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah. Ok. Bummer. I guess it was a mistake to buy the unlocked version directly from Samsung. I suppose I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for the confirmation that it's the unlocked Samsung device that's been the issue. I suppose I'll just wait for the final release .. whenever that might come.

Thanks.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, unfortunately they are neglecting all the 930U and 935U unlocked users in the USA.I thought I would be on front lines buying an unlocked phone from Samsung..but it has been the exact opposite experience for me..no security updates since sept 1, no beta testing, all thing that were the reason for paying up front for this phone.If there are technical bugs that they are working on,they should tell us..

Thanks, Dave

aergern
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I'll deal  with the loss of a gig or two the next go round because buying the unlocked version seems not to be the thing to do. And I don't want to flash another firmware version or any of that. It's why I ended up getting the Note 7 and then having to back down to the S7. I wanted to use Android pay and they made the requirement that the bootloader be locked on the Nexus 6P and that I couldn't hide root so I figured there was no reason to get another Nexus or a Pixel. 

Guess I was wrong .. Note 7 .. *poof* and in it's place a forgotten unlocked S7E. Lovely.

Newtype
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@davebwi wrote:

Yes, unfortunately they are neglecting all the 930U and 935U unlocked users in the USA.I thought I would be on front lines buying an unlocked phone from Samsung..but it has been the exact opposite experience for me..no security updates since sept 1, no beta testing, all thing that were the reason for paying up front for this phone.If there are technical bugs that they are working on,they should tell us..

Thanks, Dave

Amen to that.

Current:

Galaxy S7: SM-G930UZKAXAA (G930UUEU4APL2) | Gear Fit 2: SM-R3600DANXAR (R360XXU1BPK6) | UN65KS9800FXZA: 1168 | UBD-K8500/ZA: 1010.1 | HW-K950: 3108.9
Vivekvarma02
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, optimumind , that sucks..they completely forgot us. We paid upfront more than the international unlocked and carrier crap here, and they now released beta for both of them, and they completely think that we are irrelevant.. this would be my last samsung product, should have waited another two months and then should have bought Pixel Xl unlocked. crap I will never buy samsung again.

If there are any concerned members of community who can actually make sense to samsung usa that they are crap.

Vivekvarma02
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, optimumind , that sucks..they completely forgot us. We paid upfront more than the international unlocked and carrier crap here, and they now released beta for both of them, and they completely think that we are irrelevant.. this would be my last samsung product, should have waited another two months and then should have bought Pixel Xl unlocked. crap I will never buy samsung mobiles again.