JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Email print error, failed to change the settings

(Topic created: 10-10-2020 09:50 PM)
userdW869PzKaQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Over last few days i cannot print emails from gmail, yahoo, samsung mail... after print preview loads and selecting print icon i get a message "Failed to change the setting, try again."  I have cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled mail apps, google, chrome, HP drivers etc.  Gmail is my primary email app.  I have a galaxy s8 active,  all apps and systems are updated.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userdW869PzKaQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have found a solution... with 6 hours of research Google Chrome is now managing the Android System Webview that controls the print dialog.  Go to your play store account and search for Goggle Chrome and Google.  Select uninstall which removes the updates and my failed print issue went away.

View solution in context

13 Replies
userCgj7zdspzo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have exactly the same issue but because my tablet has a virus called Samsung I can't delete Chrome only force stop it. Hasn't changed anything and I haven't changed any settings. I have deleted and reinstalled printer app to no avail.

Has to be a failed update by one of the big companies.  Who knows. Very very annoying.

Solution
userdW869PzKaQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have found a solution... with 6 hours of research Google Chrome is now managing the Android System Webview that controls the print dialog.  Go to your play store account and search for Goggle Chrome and Google.  Select uninstall which removes the updates and my failed print issue went away.

Mm8675
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I disabled the chrome app and printing works again.  If I enable chrome, printing fails.

userdW869PzKaQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I went to google store and uninstalled chrome updates which now I'm running on an older version of chrome. Chrome seems to be working ok and I have my printing back. 

0 Likes
userTOdZDEW2G3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Work around downloaded samsung mobile print from the play store.

0 Likes
anny03
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
i removed google chrome and still having same issues
0 Likes
2elwest
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
workaround download samsung mobile print application
0 Likes
userev3Q3dFCP9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a galazyA10e that wont print from any email app. Ive tried disabiling chrome and tried using the mobile print app. The mobile print app wont find my printer. I can connect to the printer and print from a text or saved just not from email since my last update.

0 Likes
userev3Q3dFCP9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just fixed mine. I went into the play store and unistalled the update for android system web view. Then I set it for now to not auto update. So far all works again!

0 Likes