Original topic:

Email will not sync

(Topic created on: 11/22/16 11:52 AM)
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I updated my Samsung S7 edge phone this morning and now I can not get my hotmail account to sync on my phone. I deleted the account and now I can get it added back on.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I deleted my account then added it back and when i added it back it automatically places m.hotmail.com as the server. I read on some other forums from October of 2016 and it said to change your hotmail server to outlook.live.com and it works just fine now. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is what it continues to do. 

0 Likes
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nevermind I figured it out on my own by reading forums. Thanks for the Help!

0 Likes
NewEra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I'm having the same issue... what did you do to solve the problem?

0 Likes
Solution
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I deleted my account then added it back and when i added it back it automatically places m.hotmail.com as the server. I read on some other forums from October of 2016 and it said to change your hotmail server to outlook.live.com and it works just fine now. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
NewEra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for this advice!

0 Likes
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You are  very welcome.  I'm guessing it worked for you too? 

0 Likes
NewEra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It sure did! :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

0 Likes
OT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the post! I was having trouble getting calendar to sync as well as email after a phone reset.  Microsoft made some changes trying to get subscribers to use their Outlook app instead of your stock email or calendar app.

m.outlook.com also worked for server.   Once your stock app finishes adding your account you will receive an email from Outlook.com telling you that action is required.  It then asks you to download their app.  If you look at the small notice at the bottom of the email you will see a link you have to click on in order to allow you to use Outlook with your stock email app.  Once you click on the link a web page will load telling you that since you prefer not to use their app Outlook will resume syncing with your device. 

After all this your email and calendar should start syncing again.  I have attached pics of the email and web page for reference. 

0 Likes
KJD1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have an S9 and it will not except if I delete account then add it back in, but after the reinstall, it is is not syncing again. Tech support at Comcast says it is the Samsung as does Verizon but Samsung support says it is Comcast. If I can read email from my phone's browser and other devices, I believe it is something in the Samsung app. Is there a beta to try?
0 Likes