cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

Email will not sync

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my Samsung S7 edge phone this morning and now I can not get my hotmail account to sync on my phone. I deleted the account and now I can get it added back on.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Email will not sync

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I deleted my account then added it back and when i added it back it automatically places m.hotmail.com as the server. I read on some other forums from October of 2016 and it said to change your hotmail server to outlook.live.com and it works just fine now. 

8 REPLIES 8
amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what it continues to do. 

amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nevermind I figured it out on my own by reading forums. Thanks for the Help!

NewEra
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm having the same issue... what did you do to solve the problem?

amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I deleted my account then added it back and when i added it back it automatically places m.hotmail.com as the server. I read on some other forums from October of 2016 and it said to change your hotmail server to outlook.live.com and it works just fine now. 

NewEra
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for this advice!

amylanexo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are  very welcome.  I'm guessing it worked for you too? 

NewEra
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sure did! 😊

OT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the post! I was having trouble getting calendar to sync as well as email after a phone reset.  Microsoft made some changes trying to get subscribers to use their Outlook app instead of your stock email or calendar app.

m.outlook.com also worked for server.   Once your stock app finishes adding your account you will receive an email from Outlook.com telling you that action is required.  It then asks you to download their app.  If you look at the small notice at the bottom of the email you will see a link you have to click on in order to allow you to use Outlook with your stock email app.  Once you click on the link a web page will load telling you that since you prefer not to use their app Outlook will resume syncing with your device. 

After all this your email and calendar should start syncing again.  I have attached pics of the email and web page for reference.