Original topic:

Every time I plug my phone into the USB it begins downloading photos (Win 11)

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 07:27 PM)
PersonPeople5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I plug my phone into the USB it begins downloading photos (Win 11). Make it stop 🙂

I installed drivers from Samsung.  It worked - I DID IT!.  But, it asked me "what do you want to do".  It gave me 6 options?  I just want to be able to access the phone VIA USB with the highest "access" or privileges I can have.

BUT I PICKED download photos.  So, I want to completely reset this.  And I am not sure what to choose.   Probably "do nothing" right?     

I've seen this on all my Samsung I own. This is an Ao15a (ATT Unlocked).  I want to try to undelete some files, its been in a drawer for a while.   All I want to happen is it to stop downloading photos the moment I plug it is.  How do I reset this and get the "What do you want to do" menu option?  Then any guess which option I choose?  Even if undelete is not possible (please tell me if you know).  I still want it to not search for photos when plugged in.

In my mind I might have to remove the drivers than reinstall them?  But I have no idea what it is called or  where to fiind it.

0 Likes
6 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Start, settings, devices, autoplay on your PC. Try that. Also, you're probably better off googling a windows issue rather than coming here.
0 Likes
PersonPeople5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is just doing it with this phone.  Devices had nothing. No one is forcing you to not help me.  I am having an issue relevant to a Samsung product I purchased so I asked about it on their "help" forum.  What would be cool if you googled it for me and helped me a little.  I am not tech savvy like you.  I didn't even know about that autoplay thing.  Also when this issue happened the phone asked me specific things about allowing access.

Thanks!   Have a Super Day!

0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did help you. Did you not get that part?
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Its a setting on your phone, MTA or something, it should be on file transfer
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Plus you need to understand that a lot of us don't work for Samsung, which means we try to help people on our free time without being paid
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So plug in your USB cord, use the drop down menu and open USB options and see about picking something else as default
0 Likes