JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 11-22-2022 04:46 PM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I am really excited about the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. Seems like a pretty big upgrade over the 8 Gen 1. 

I love my s22 plus and it has been plenty fast enough but the heat and battery life could be improved. If we get a much faster phone with better battery and thermal management that will be enough of a reason to upgrade!

Let's hope Samsung gives us some very tempting trade in offers!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Thermal management is actually a module under the Good Guardians app in the galaxy store. Try that out, along with the other modules! GL!
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Thermals aren't too bad after the last update. I try to run things as close to stock settings as possible. Apps will try to decrease thermals by throttling performance and I don't want that.

My battery setting is optimized. I don't use performance or increase app performance. Those waste battery and thermal output with minimal gain.

I initially bought an s22 and returned it for the s22 plus. It's larger size allows for better thermal performance. I am just hoping with the newer process going from Samsung fab to TSMC and second generation optimizations should give us better overall thermal performance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you explain to me how a larger battery and a larger screen will help with the thermal performance. For the s22
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
It has nothing to do with larger battery and screen but has to do with larger physical size of the phone. More heat dissipation due to larger surface area of the device relative to the SOC. Basically the larger glass area on the back of the phone acts like a heatsink. The larger the device the better thermal dissipation.
0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Keep in mind that battery usage will very between users. Even with new internals, if you use your phone heavy then it could basically be the same thing. Just don't be disappointed if it's not too much of a difference
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Of course there are a ton of variables and battery size is also a huge factor.

If I get a 20% increase in battery life that would be huge assuming battery size is the same.

As long as battery life doesn't decrease and we get a decent performance lift I won't be disappointed. But assuming a better process node and a little better optimized chip it should be reasonable to expect a 10-20% increase in battery life while getting even better performance at the same time.

My s22 is decent and I push it pretty hard not so much with demanding apps but lots of web use and screen on time.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm super excited too! Hopefully the next version of OneUI will focus on optimization as well so that our system will run even more efficient and smooth as ever!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung has been slowly improving over all and I appreciate the faster updates although I would still like them faster, the longer OS support and overall features of OneUI. If they could let us choose what default apps we want during initial setup like the pre-installed Samsung apps and let us Uninstall any 3rd party pre-installed apps I would be super happy. Also it would be really cool if Samsung could start implementing some of Pixels features like call screening, and others. But they seem to be headed in the right direction and doing better than ever before.

I am pretty sure the s23 series is going to be great and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!
0 Likes
userEu4M2nDeIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Bad news for you all like me who were assuming Samsung would have TSMC 4n silicon but just found through multiple sources that Samsung will be using the same 4nm Samsung silicon that went into the disappointing SD 8gen1. Needless to say my heart sank. I was counting down the days till February. Cmon Samsung after seeing the improvement of the SD 8+gen 1 with the TSMC that was used in the fold.
0 Likes