cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

FRP Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung, I bought a Galaxy Express 3 phone on ebay not knowing about the FRP lock or how the seller got the phone. Can you help me get it working? I do need it. If you find out it was stolen though, I am willing to send it to the rightful owner.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

Re: FRP Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend returning it to ebay for a full refund. the phone is basically bricked/unusable if the frp lock is enabled and the user is unavailable to remove it. Hopefully the user just forgot to remove there account properly and it not stolen but there is no way of verifying this information.

Source: https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-mobile-enrollment/recovering-google-frp-locked-devices.htm

"Samsung devices utilize built-in security measures to protect devices and their resident information. Factory reset protection (FRP) is one such feature auto-enabled on Android 5.0 and above devices utilizing a Google account. Once enabled, FRP only allows a user with a Google account password to factory reset and activate their device.

If an unauthorized individual tries to reset a target device, the device still requires a login using the device owner's Google username and password, so even if a device is lost or stolen, another person cannot conduct a factory reset and manipulate the device.

With enterprises, this is very inconvenient since company provided devices lock into an employee's Google account. If the employee were to leave the company, then the device becomes unusable as a company asset."

Sorry for your issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Comet

Re: FRP Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend returning it to ebay for a full refund. the phone is basically bricked/unusable if the frp lock is enabled and the user is unavailable to remove it. Hopefully the user just forgot to remove there account properly and it not stolen but there is no way of verifying this information.

Source: https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-mobile-enrollment/recovering-google-frp-locked-devices.htm

"Samsung devices utilize built-in security measures to protect devices and their resident information. Factory reset protection (FRP) is one such feature auto-enabled on Android 5.0 and above devices utilizing a Google account. Once enabled, FRP only allows a user with a Google account password to factory reset and activate their device.

If an unauthorized individual tries to reset a target device, the device still requires a login using the device owner's Google username and password, so even if a device is lost or stolen, another person cannot conduct a factory reset and manipulate the device.

With enterprises, this is very inconvenient since company provided devices lock into an employee's Google account. If the employee were to leave the company, then the device becomes unusable as a company asset."

Sorry for your issue.

View solution in original post