cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBzYKTBZDJv
Asteroid

Facebook links won't open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2018/1/20: Lately, on Facebook when I direct folks to a thread that has already discussed a topic, I can open the new posts link I posted on my computer, but NOT on my Android Samsung Galaxy S7 cell.  The link is there, I judt van't open it.  I have tried opening it in the Facebook and Chrome. browsers.  Since 80+% of the planet is using Android , and I’d bet that many or more access Facebook on a cell, this is a big problem.  I went to Verizon and the tech could not open them either on HIS Android.  In these cases, I am using the Copy Link Address from the time stamp of the post I want to share.  I have successfully done them for years!  It has just been in the last 2 weeks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Facebook links won't open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that info @userBzYKTBZDJv It appears that your device is running on the latest software available. Are your applications in both the Google Play and Galaxy App store up to date, especially Facebook? I know my personal device received an update over the weekend that I had to go into the Play Store and approve.

10 REPLIES 10
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's definitely interesting @userBzYKTBZDJv Are these links to Community posts or to other articles in Facebook? Would you mind sharing the model number and Baseband version of the device you're experiencing this on?

userBzYKTBZDJv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These are links I, or now even some others I notice, post to a GROUP Facebook page.  The other day they were not working and 10 min. later they were!

Baseband version:

G930VVRU4BQK4

Model Number: SM-G930V

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that info @userBzYKTBZDJv It appears that your device is running on the latest software available. Are your applications in both the Google Play and Galaxy App store up to date, especially Facebook? I know my personal device received an update over the weekend that I had to go into the Play Store and approve.

userBzYKTBZDJv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I did not have to go to the Pay Store and approve anything.  I did get an update as well, and it completely solved the problem!  Perhaps I could have done so and forced this glitch out!  Thanks!

userLazZhrY35Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you get an update? I have had issue now for about 2 weeks, my Galaxy Tab A won't load links on FB and won't open Chrome, Overdrive etc. I can scroll down on FB and comment, won't open any links.

userNCcfbVAOcK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having trouble  on facebook  none of links  will open even the 3 little dots won't pull up can you help?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a problem @userBzYKTBZDJv! Let me know if you have any trouble with it in the future.

user4OlYc613c9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cant do this text stuff weird

Galaxy j7 @userBzYKTBZDJv 

useruM5axpIgMV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Answers were really helpful, thanks.