Original topic:

Failed camera

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 11:25 PM)
Samsung_siOS4iC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having some issues with the camera,  it's saying  failed camera.  Closes the app . Or it's a black screen then closes the app . Camera worked fine before the updated data system  . I see many Samsung users are having the same problem.  

I have done the same thing it tells you to do.  Still not working.  Phone only 6 months old.  In prefer shape . It's got to be a system problem.  

2 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having to experience this.

I will be happy to help assist with this.

Have you tried clearing the cache on the camera app?

Clear app cache and data

Clearing cache or data from an app can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don't want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > Apps.
  3. Tap the desired application in the default list.
  4. To display preinstalled apps, tap Menu Show system apps.
  5. Tap Storage > CLEAR CACHE > CLEAR DATA > DELETE.

Do you experience these symptoms while your device is in safe mode?

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

If your symptoms still persists in safe mode, you may need to visit a UBreakIFix location for a technician to take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

0 Likes
Failed20ultra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have went through all the procedures. Phone is being replaced by the Warranty of the phone. I was told that it is a hardware issue. The October Master update is maybe the cause . Worked fine about the update.