Original topic:

Favorite Contact Block as Spam

(Topic created: 12-08-2022 06:17 PM)
asw472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A favorite contact, who has been in my phone for a long time, was suddenly blocked by the phone as spam. I was able to resolve the issue by turning off spam blocker but why would the phone block a number in my contacts as spam? We shouldn't have to deal with unwanted phone calls to prevent wanted phone calls from being blocked. I've seen similar complaints in threads in both North America and Europe dating back to 2017. Please add logic to the software that prevents saved contacts from being blocked automatically by the phone. Thank you!

0 Likes
8 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your spam blocker doesn't have an option to allow numbers thru?
0 Likes
asw472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine does not. I couldn't mark it as not spam and it wasn't in the blocked numbers list. I tried removing and re-adding the contact. The only way the number could call through was to remove the spam blocker.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Must be a bug? IDK what spam blocker you're using. I have scam shield thru T-mobile.
0 Likes
asw472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm using the one built into the Galaxy S21.
0 Likes
theother37
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Disable hiya
0 Likes
asw472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What is hiya?
0 Likes
theother37
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A caller ID/spam blocker app built into samsung phones.
0 Likes
asw472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did turn off the spam blocker but shouldn't have to do that. Samsung should at logic to the software to not automatically block numbers that are saved in the phone.
0 Likes