Original topic:

Feature Request: App provided sound option alongside all other notif options

(Topic created: 09-27-2022 07:21 PM)
kyraaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think it's a HUGE oversight to not already have this. So, right now the current system goes like this:
  • Download an app with an app provided sound
  • Literally never touch the notification sound or else you lose that app provided sound for good
Seriously... You can't get the app provided sound back unless you go and uninstall and reinstall (tho I'm not even positive if THAT'S 100% I've seen a few users reporting that they never were able to get it back)
For most, I guess it wouldn't reallllly matter since you usually don't mess with that stuff unless you are gonna change it for good but then again, it's kinda silly that you can't be indecisive on that either

Just a simple app provided sound option would do. Even if it's only enabled when the app's developers do a few extra steps. It's extremely frustrating to have to complete remove and re-setup an app every time I decide to go back to the app's default notification sounds
2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's baked into the sound assistant app in the Goodlock suite. You'll need to download Goodlock from the galaxy app store. I've personally been using it so long I forget it isn't a baked in feature Screenshot_20220927_213757_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
kyraaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Whaaat? I never knew! Ive only used sound assistant to change my spotify audio when I'm multitasking thus far. Samsung does things so weirdly.. Thank you sm. Ima hope that it won't be so hidden in the future buuut I'm so glad it's already a thing 🕺
0 Likes