Original topic:

Feature request - Date in Status Bar

(Topic created: 11-11-2023 01:26 PM)
Ralwig88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi everyone

I'd love to see the date in the status bar at the top of my Galaxy S mobile phone. 

I've tried various apps and none of them consistently show the date (day of month and month) in the status bar without disappearing now and again or being the wrong font or floating oddly, etc. 

I know that it is possible as it exists on my Samsung Tab.

Can I submit this request for the next update? I've been hoping this would come out in the next OS for many years. 

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, 

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Install Samsung's Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store, then find the QuickStar module. In QuickStar, go to Clock settings, then toggle on Show Date.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also, can we add seconds in the status bar?
(If this is the case, the date format in the status bar would need to be changed as well, for example, "7:52:03 PM Sun 11/12".)Screenshot_20231112_195054_QuickStar_1000015302_1699847455.png
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh. Maybe it might work on tablets, you know.
Ralwig88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi There

Thanks, I have tried QuickStar before.

However, is there a way of adjusting the Date when "Show Date" is on?

The date is showing as "Fri, 17 Nov" and wipes out all other notifications. Can this be adjusted to just "17 Nov" or even "17/11"?

If not, can it be submitted as a feature request please?

Thanks

0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Android 5.0.2 and older did have a way to set the date format, you know.Screenshot_20231116_170231_QuickStar_1000048225_1700182952.pngScreenshot_20231116_170255_Settings_1000048227_1700182975.png
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, 

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes