JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature request: auto-ISO + manual shutter speed

(Topic created: 10-26-2020 03:56 PM)
Samsung_CkxA36Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For street photography, these days, auto-ISO, while aperture & shutter speed are selected, is a must. This is because you choose the slowest shutter speed possible (just fast enough to freeze the action), and the widest aperture that gives you your needed zone of focus (manually focusing to get focus peaking to cover your background, and the people who you hope will walk into the frame).

Anyway, on my S10+, if I set the shutter speed, ISO switches to manual, and I cant tell it to auto-ISO.

Bonus: It would be nice to limit ISO according to our own opinion about what's too high (some people don't mind noise, others will convert to black & white, some would prefer a dark image than get "unsightly noise").

If it can't be done, please say so, I don't see why not, but maybe there's something I don't understand about cameras.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

usereukVaVy69n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same question, but I don't see a solution here. What is the solution, pretty please?

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The solution marked at this time is that we have escalated the request to our developments in the hopes that they might include this in a potential future update. We make no guarantees that any request will indeed be added or changed in future updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes