cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WriterOfMD
Asteroid

February 2017 Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had an update this evening. After the update I looked at the changes and I am not happy. My folders are now a dirty gray, the pull-down is a bunch of grayish-white blocks with the info.  It is just plain ugly! My sexy phone now looks like a classroom instead of a modern communication device.

When making upates, PLEASE leave the design alone, and allow the user to set the style the way we want it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user9cXl2QoynY
Constellation

Re: February 2017 Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Youtube has a video to downgrade back to marshmallow which is what I did.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
userlx8n0n9QIT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto 

usergNHAHgcYQB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't agree more! Some of the new features are nice but these lifeless, 1 dimensional, 3rd grade-like, pencil drawn icons are the worst and terribly hard to read and differentiate! It's reminiscent of graphics from the first video games EVER!! In the messaging app, half of the conversation nearly blends in with the background! It's similar with the internet and camera apps. Until they make them better, I'll just use 3rd party apps or find a way to go back to Marshmellow. And speaking of the camera, it was much more user friendly when the options were at the top and you didn't have to swipe to the left or right to access them. It's an unnecessary step.

userSOxwIL9wYq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues that your having, and I don't like it. Most of my contacts have been erased and finding things on here just got a little harder. How do we get the older version back?

uservOdZoX51Gg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not happy with the upgrade design at all.  It has made things harder to find and some things take more steps to get the same results from previous version. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What phone model is everyone talking about?

WriterOfMD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy 7 and 7 Edge

user9cXl2QoynY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Youtube has a video to downgrade back to marshmallow which is what I did.

View solution in original post

LBonne24
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What about the more technology challenged ones of us? Is it easy to do? 

user1GmVih1Faj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same boat with all of you. I hate the "new" look of the menus and they are hard to read when the nackground is white and so are the words. I hope they change this problem along with some other ones.