cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

I would like to give feedback to the developers about Android 11 and One UI 3 update. I'm using Galaxy S10 Lite.
Overall, this update brought small improvements, but it took away some of the best options in samsung android phones we had till last month, and if it stays like this, I'm changing to different brands.

1. Can't hide the ugly notch anymore in 'full screen apps', this is the worst change. I purchased this phone with the notch, only because I knew there is an option to hide it, but it is now gone! Please make an update really soon to fix this. we don't want to stare at an ugly black hole in the screen. (and third party apps aren't good either, don't hide it in games etc.)

3. The gallery was just perfect before update, but now it has so thick bars between pictures, makes it hard to look at and takes away so much usable space from the pictures itselves. Please update the pictures roll to not have bars between the photos. And Please, make it customizable by number how many pictures in a row we want. (there is no choosable number by pinch between 4 and 7.)

2. Can't reach the recovery menu anymore with simply pushing two buttons, I HAVE to have it connected to a computer or headset to do it which I don't have a lot of the times. Please make it available without connecting anything to the phone.

4. Always on display colors and font changed to the worse. Would appreciate if we could choose more wide range of colors (especially darker) and could also choose fonts. Would love an option to have the battery percentage icon colored too, or be able to hide it.
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

ooohhhhh.... I see... I miss read your title and thought you meant something else. I'm pretty sure the home ui development team is working on the next version which could fix or resolve some of those problems that could simply be a compatability thing where the app works just not all the features yet, might even get patched in an update.

the next next question I could say exempt to say are you sure your still pressing the right combination and it wasn't changed? only asking cause I can get to mine and using the only three buttons I have on my 20note ultra. might have changed for you. new settings for the AOD fyi.

did you just get the update, both together or one before then one now?

Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

I had android 10 with One UI 2 till the end of december, then updated to android 11 with One UI 3. I press everything right and it worked till it changed to the latter.
I just got another update today, was hoping it will fix something but it changed nothing in functionality, probably was just a security update for january.

only asking cause.... Samsung notice for project release time for your s10 is (MAR)

are sure its not a earlier beta testing version?

clipboard_image_1610627793985_1610627793985.jpg

I don't think so, it never said it's beta. Here you can see the screenshots of the update.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s10-lite-one-ui-3-0-update-released/

Re: Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

I believe it's the right one, and that official notice for a timeliness was sent out after they were already ahead, prolly just a so they can finish early and get the proverbial "At 'a boy" I'm thinking they only had to make one in the first place was because they concentrated so my effort pushing the new Z line exclusive stuff end of year. prolly overestimated and found it to be an easy compatible thing. whatever the reason, I hope they hammer it done asap so we can get some new features maybe for it or for different devices!!!!
Supernova

This is what I keep telling people. Samsung is way ahead in development rollout so we are seeing 11 rollout to devices sooner than expected. Glad to hear you got the update. I think the issue with the cutout (ugly notch) has to do with other companies apps not playing well with it when we used the "hide cutout feature" so they are trying to improve it before bringing it back

I wish I didn't get this update. The cutout bothers me so much and not being able to hide it makes me go crazy. It worked perfectly before this update, never had problems with it... why do they have to take the best features away
Supernova

Re: Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

I dont have that phone but am curious...did they take away the options in the Developers settings also??