cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

I looked into the developer options, there is absolutely no way of hiding camera cutout.
I've tried third party apps for this like nacho notch, but those are slow, sometimes takes a second or two for the black bar to appear and they don't work in games.
Supernova

Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

hmmm. just a thought but if someone dumped the files to APKMirror maybe you could sideload it back in . We already know it worked on your device so in theory it might still. Seems like an aesthetic design choice that you didnt have a voice in when they decided to remove.

Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

*sigh* I really don't want to hurt my phone with my not-so-advanced knowledge in system reloads, but I might not have other chance... I'm so over samsung because of this (and because I was eyeing S21+ to buy next but they left out the MicroSD slot, there's absolutely no way I'll buy a phone without it..) even though I have S series phones since smartphone became a thing 10+ years ago. Smiley Sad

Re: Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

have you force stretched the apps in question on turn off and check, in the display settings under full screen apps that's now a normal setting not dev op anymore? and just for the heck of it, since the similar thing in manifest view stuff, (I think), go toggle the force activities to be sizeable setting in your dev opts, it close to the btm by the force to external swtich, to whatever it is not set to an then back a couple times, and maybe swtich it for minute or two, then off. not sure how closely those two are since that one forces apps for the smaller multi view ability, can't hurt to check just in case it's some weird glitch that's stuck. I have not turned on the full screen stretch and I haven't experienced a cut out notch on any of the apps I use nor an in ability to manual rotate the orientation so I don't know if that's cause I have the note line ultra 20 so it's been correct during designing, or has full functionality on mine and might just need a future patch? try those settings suggested things, what you got to lose, it won't hurt anything, but what if it helps? your gonna be in the same boat of flashing the older version you like and offloading that one or having to use it like that bud.
Supernova

Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

well if you do decide to I bet you could pick up a full system dump of your current update to keep on hand and always flash back over if it doesnt work out. Theres so much support for your phone anyways over on XDA that flashing it isn't much of a worry either. But I understand if it's not your forte' .

Re: Re: Feedback for Samsung Developers on One UI 3

always nice to see community responders who actual respond, and know stuff others don't..... not that anyone on here doesn't, just easier for me to follow then the other style.... clarification regarding my posted Pic notice... I was not advocating it to be even remotely accurate, I just happened to glance at his phone model and was really pointing out its take it with a grain of salt type thing.