Original topic:

Feedback on phone features that have been removed

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 02:34 PM)
tpennello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since I can't find any email address or company HQ address to send feedback, I'll try this forum.

I have been a Samsung phone user since the Galaxy Core Prime.

I now have an S10 that's 2 1/2 years old.
It appears to be last Samsung phone I can work with.
Why?

- Every day I use the heart rate sensor.

- I have a 512GB SD card inserted.

- And finally I use the headphone jack several times a week.

All of these features have been removed from the latest galaxy phones --
otherwise I would have updated by now.

The data transfer ability when connected to a PC is so
slow and buggy (big transfers often disconnect)
that it would be impossible to transfer hundreds of gigabytes of data
to a new phone -- but just inserting the SD card makes that easy.

To keep going with an S10 as long as possible I even bought another brand-new
S10 that I'll switch to once the battery becomes unacceptable on my
present S10.

Samsung may wonder why consumer interest in its phones wanes.

I suggest stop taking away really useful features!

Once my second S10 is no longer useful I will have to look for another
brand, unless Samsung reintroduces some of the missing features.

6 Replies
Sarge2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here here.
I will be staying with S10e as long as possible
Love the smaller screen, micro SD card, headphone jack.
I need a phone that is not the size of a mini tablet to carry around with me.
I understand technology changes however it is not always for the best.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you upgrade to a new phone the transfer rates are super fast now.
Buy this thing online called a FiiO BTR3K (it's like 60 bucks) and use it with your wired headphones. Your music will sound amazing
New Samsung phones have up to 1TB of storage built in.
If you need a heart rate monitor that badly, buy a real monitor from someone like Withings because the one built into that phone wasn't even accurate, or buy a Galaxy watch or any number of cheaper fitness trackers that monitor heart rate and go for a week on a charge.

ALL phones are moving in the same direction. You can either upgrade and make minor adjustments or you can start shouting "GET OFF MY LAWN!" at the neighborhood kids.
0 Likes
tpennello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The biggest on Verizon (customer since 1998) is 256GB -- not enough.

I find the heart rate monitor quite accurate.  I use it after longish bike rides (>= 40 mi) to see when my heart rate has returned to normal.

The 3.5" jack is convenient.  Just today on a 4+ hr drive I plugged the S10 into my car's 3.5" jack.   Also I use it often for the spoken word, so high quality isn't a requirement.  I have a FiiO USB DAC for serious audio/video authoring but I'd rather not carry around yet another dongle/device.   Plus, one then has to be sure one can plug in a power source to the phone as well as get usb audio out. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The FiiO BTR3K is Bluetooth from the phone then wired to your headphones. It supports all the modern codecs so the audio sounds awesome and you just clip it to you pocket or belt. The storage limitation is why you go the Unlocked route and get a 1TB device, though there's also USB-C flash drives. I use one regularly and just keep it on my keys, but I know those aren't for everyone. As far as the heart rate monitor, not much I can say on that except what I said earlier. There's lots of options there, some cheap and some not so cheap.

Oh, and you can plug the FiiO into the aux on your car stereo. I Bluetooth from my phone to the FiiO then have it plugged into the aux in my semi because the factory radios are garbage.
tpennello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Many thanks for all your detailed replies and suggestions!

0 Likes
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I know what you mean man. You can always go with a dongle for headphone then your pick from the S20 line. Getting rid of microSd and removeable batteries are my biggest complaint.
0 Likes