Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

Constellation

Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

Hi... my fingerprint sensor is not working. My phone is the Samsung A7 (2017). I just got this phone 2 weeks ago and then suddenly my fingerprint scanner says that its not responding. Is there any solutions that can fix this problem? Thanks

2 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

Hello there, @userpT0y2kCmkE
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Re: Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

Hey, @userpT0y2kCmkE. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.