cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_07
Asteroid

Fingerprint scanner not working

So I'm on the UI beta and I was wondering if anyone else if having issues with their finger print scanners. Currently have an S10e and I can no longer use my fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone and get into certain apps. Is this just a bug with the beta? Button itself works fine, just the scanner.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Fingerprint scanner not working

@Red_07 wrote:

So I'm on the UI beta and I was wondering if anyone else if having issues with their finger print scanners. Currently have an S10e and I can no longer use my fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone and get into certain apps. Is this just a bug with the beta? Button itself works fine, just the scanner.

Please report beta issues properly. Look under "reporting bugs":

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/%EF%B8%8F-Android-10-feedback/m-p/888749#M40513

userkzoEIEBZ7v
Constellation

My S8 stopped working same time as yours. Wonder what updated that broke this. Bet we start hearing others having this issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Tokabud
Astronaut

I'm on s9+ an my fingerprint scanner quit working this morning any1 got a solution

SuziC
Asteroid

The update broke EVERYTHING!! Seems like it had a string of malware in it.

My fingerprint scanner halfway works on my note10+!

This issh is overrated!