Original topic:

Fingerprint suddenly not working on S10+ and text messages are sent twice

(Topic created on: 4/12/21 9:34 AM)
user4IDAE7OZbR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Per subject,

The fingerprint biometric functionality has suddenly stopped working.

Additionally, text messages are sometimes sent twice.

This issue is affecting my phone and my daughter's.  We have the same phone.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would contact a Samsung Experience Store or your Local Ubreakifix and have them give your device a look. This could be a Main Board that needs to be replaced. If either of these are not avaiable near you I would suggest contacting 1800 Samsung and explaining your issue and mailing this device in for repair. This should be a in warranty repair unless you have damage or have tripped the water sensors.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

4 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try putting your phone into Safe Mode and see if this still occurs? If it doesn't Id recommend clearing the cache in all of your apps. If this still happens in Safe Mode id recommend Factory Resetting your device

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

0 Likes
Nick09
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi, so I have this same problem on my s10e as well as lagging and random freezes wich cause the phone to restart on its own. Then it takes approximately 5min for the screen to allow me to touch anything on it after it restarts itself. Idk what to do anymore, I've tried all the steps you've mentioned and nothing. Should I take it into a repair shop?
0 Likes
bowtiebunny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't restart my phone less and plug it and then it comes on also it will not turn off I need some help
0 Likes
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would contact a Samsung Experience Store or your Local Ubreakifix and have them give your device a look. This could be a Main Board that needs to be replaced. If either of these are not avaiable near you I would suggest contacting 1800 Samsung and explaining your issue and mailing this device in for repair. This should be a in warranty repair unless you have damage or have tripped the water sensors.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context