JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgotten PIN and Factory Reset

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 06:02 PM)
Jess_Fusibility
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I forgot the PIN to my Samsung Galaxy S9 so, sadly, I had to resort to wiping the entire phone's data. The problem is, once the phone booted up again, it once again asked me for a pin but also an email address. I don't know the email that was associated with the S9 since I got an entirely new phone and completely abandoned my S9. Is there a way to reset the entire phone that it won't ask for the PIN no more??? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungProf
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good Evening @Jess_Fusibility 

I am sorry to hear that your device is locked.  It sounds like your S5 is stuck on the Google Lock Screen.  This is a protection for your device, to help reduce the usage of lost/stolen phones.  Unfortnately since you did a unauthorized factory reset you will have to get in touch with 1800SAMSUNG.  They will give you your options on repair locations to resolve your issue, or they will provide you with a mail in repair order.  Please be advised that in order for the Google Lock to be bypassed you must provide proof of purchase to the repair center reflecting the device IMEI.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungProf
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good Evening @Jess_Fusibility 

I am sorry to hear that your device is locked.  It sounds like your S5 is stuck on the Google Lock Screen.  This is a protection for your device, to help reduce the usage of lost/stolen phones.  Unfortnately since you did a unauthorized factory reset you will have to get in touch with 1800SAMSUNG.  They will give you your options on repair locations to resolve your issue, or they will provide you with a mail in repair order.  Please be advised that in order for the Google Lock to be bypassed you must provide proof of purchase to the repair center reflecting the device IMEI.