JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fortnite freezing needing to be restarted

(Topic created: 05-10-2019 07:09 PM)
FrankieBoi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do your games sometimes freeze when you're playing Fortnite causing you to restart your game? Because mine does, and if somebody could tell me how to prevent it from happening that would be great!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is probably your culprit. With Youtube running in the background it's taking up extra ram and battery so Fortnite isn't able to access all the memory it needs. I would recommend closing out all other apps when playing games on your phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

12 Replies
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have any other apps running in the background?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
FrankieBoi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungJace Yeah usually YouTube, Fortnite installer and my mobile data settings incase I need to use my mobile data.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is probably your culprit. With Youtube running in the background it's taking up extra ram and battery so Fortnite isn't able to access all the memory it needs. I would recommend closing out all other apps when playing games on your phone.

userFbryNtYCQ5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have absolutely no other apps running except fortnite and it's still freezing. Should've just gone with the new iPhone because they don't seem to have this problem🤔

user7GTFlbuqik
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My youtube isnt running and it still freezez plz help

@SamsungJace wrote:

0 Likes
user7GTFlbuqik
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My YouTube isnt running and it still freezez help me plz

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user7GTFlbuqik have you tried force stopping the app and wiping the cache and data for the YouTube app?

0 Likes
userpTRGIHcLlc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I have and still freezes.

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@user7GTFlbuqikhave you tried force stopping the app and wiping the cache and data for the YouTube app?

0 Likes
user5QjEPZvZfZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I've had the same problem but it started for me about 6 months ago. I've tried everything I could find on the internet to get fortnite to stop freezing on my s10+. My friends have the same problem with their phones, and fortnite dosen't  freeze on my note 9. So its gotta be a problem with the s10, s10e, and s10+. I got the phone for the fortnite promotion so it makes me super sad that the game dosen't even work on this powerful phone. Please fix this!

0 Likes