JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GIF Speeds Play Too Fast

(Topic created: 05-18-2018 08:23 AM)
userzYYAuu7yOn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I send a gif in a message the speed is all hyped up. In my gallery it plays at normal speed. Any thoughts?

66 Replies
VicD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has to do with the size of the GIF. Anything over 1000KB it will compress and play fast no matter who you send it to (Android or IOS). Just like we cant send over 1000KB of pictures. I cant believe Samsung hasnt figured a way around this. 

Try sending something under 1000KB and it will play fine.

0 Likes
Solution
userruw6aK5YwA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to 'settings' > 'apps' > '3 dots in the corner' > 'show system apps' > find 'Message service' > 'clear cache'. 

Just worked for me.

View solution in context

0 Likes
VicD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

NOPE!!! 
Remember it will only do it on all GIFs over 1000 KB. 

I just sent it as a beam to my buddy who has an S9. He got it at original quality and speed. I asked him to send it back via text and it decressed the quality but original speed. 

0 Likes
user70eatwkD7p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone doesnt have a clear cache button 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user70eatwkD7p what type of device are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6wGZXpCWNL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Gotta go to Message app in the settings then "storage" then hot clear cache...but it still didn't work for me lol...so...i wouldn't call that the "SOLUTION " lol

0 Likes
user8hEOj8VJwE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This solution did not work for me.  Thanks for trying though

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to get this information to us. I'd like to look into this difficulty a little deeper, if you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userYlQlMcwrZv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too am having this issue, seemed pretty at first, but it's getting annoying.

I use a galaxy S8 plus. 

0 Likes