JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy 7 edge gets hot while charging

(Topic created on: 5/14/21 11:39 AM)
userrYaVJ6M8jp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone is about 5 +yrs old and it is getting very hot while charging. Yes I'm using it while its charging. Its given me a warning that its getting too hot. Can I buy a new battery? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can call 1800 Samsung and they will help you set up a mail in process to either calibrate your battery or repair your device.  Unfortunately the S7 Edge  is a device that is considered Out of Life  when it comes to ordering parts for the Samsung Experience and Ubreakifix stores.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can call 1800 Samsung and they will help you set up a mail in process to either calibrate your battery or repair your device.  Unfortunately the S7 Edge  is a device that is considered Out of Life  when it comes to ordering parts for the Samsung Experience and Ubreakifix stores.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Jetster
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think its time to get a new phone bud. The S7 Edge was great until the battery issues. If you replace the battery right now, the process for the repair guys is probably going to cost more than the S7 Edge is worth today which is about $100. But yes you can buy another battery.