cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy 7 ringtone for phone no longer works

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the Oreo update, my phone no longer rings when a call comes in.  I have reset the ring tone via the Settings App to a tone supplied by the phone.  Cellphone will ring if called , but then resets back to silent.  I have already tried to rebooting and the phone app is not listed as a notification that can be turned on/off.

Please help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy 7 ringtone for phone no longer works

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out myself. I have the Ring Doorbell app. After uninstalling this app, my phone was working fine.   I reinstalled the Ring Doorbell app and phone still working well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersrEhGKxDdM wrote:

After the Oreo update, my phone no longer rings when a call comes in.  I have reset the ring tone via the Settings App to a tone supplied by the phone.  Cellphone will ring if called , but then resets back to silent.  I have already tried to rebooting and the phone app is not listed as a notification that can be turned on/off.

Please help.

if it says in sound setting default change to any other than default. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Can I get the full model number of the device?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out myself. I have the Ring Doorbell app. After uninstalling this app, my phone was working fine.   I reinstalled the Ring Doorbell app and phone still working well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersrEhGKxDdM: Thank you for sharing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have a ring app on my phone and I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the problem was. Thank you so very much for your Insight and your solution you are a godsend.

@usersrEhGKxDdM wrote: