Original topic:

Galaxy 8 lagging

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 03:58 PM)
LadyART74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Idk if it is my phone's age, memory getting close to capacity, my Sprint service, or the latest Samsung update, but my phone has, for atleast a week, been having a lag in loading any & everything, from web pages to my text mssgs (even lags in sending them). Anyone else having this issue? I'm trying to see if I can rule out it being an update issue. This phone is paid off & I really don't want to have to get a new one.
3 Replies
LourivalMatias
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can try doing this, one of them should work.

Reboot your phone – if you haven’t done it yet, try rebooting your phone before doing anything complicated. I understand that those problems may have started after an update but it’s possible they may have been caused by some glitches. A reboot may be able to fix it so take a little time restarting your phone. Or better yet, do the forced reboot by pressing and hold the volume down and power keys at the same time for 10 seconds or more. If the problem continues after this, then try the next one.

Use your phone in safe mode – this doesn’t fix the problem but it will give you an insight if the issues have been caused by third-party apps. In safe mode, all apps you downloaded will be temporarily disabled so if one or some of them is causing those issues, then your phone should work properly in this mode. If this is the case with your phone, the next thing you should do is find the app that’s causing the issue and uninstall it. However, if the problems occur even in safe mode, then move on to the next step.

Wipe cache partition – it is also possible that the problems are due to some corrupt system caches. So, if the problems occur even in safe mode, wipe the cache partition to delete and replace the caches. To do it, run your phone in recovery mode and wipe the cache partition from there. If the issues continue after that, then the next procedure should help.

Master reset – at this point, you have no other choice but to reset your phone. However, make sure you backup all your files and data as they will be deleted. This will bring the device back to its factory settings and will make it work as smoothly as before. The Oreo update, however, will remain so don’t worry about it.

LadyART74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Alot of info, thank you. Most I've done so far is turn it off then back on. Going too far w any other procedures before checking w someone more knolwedgable than me I'm not comfortable w. Fingers crossed I won't have to go w the master reset.
Tigger84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi
0 Likes