Galaxy Edge 7 - terrible phone

Constellation

Galaxy Edge 7 - terrible phone

I have always been a Samsumg phone user! I hate the Edge 7 phone. I bought it in April of 2017, from the beginning it freezes on every app, on google chrome and when texting. I complained when it was still under warranty and was sent a new one. The new was the same! I am done! I used to have a Note and was going to buy a new note instead of this one and that is when the Notes were starting on fire. I wrote to the office of the President and spoke to Stacy D. Stacy told me I would have to send in my phone with no loaner!! Are you kidding me??? Who can be without a phone these days? I asked Stacy D. to speak to her supervisor and she told me she doesn't have a supervisor? Really? I don't even want this phone fixed, I don't want an Edge 7. I am thinking of switching to Apple and I never thought I would say this!! If someone from Samsung can help me, please contact me... I am sure Stacy D. has a supervisor. Ridiculous... What is happening to Samsung? 

12 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Edge 7 - terrible phone

One more thing, I would even take a Samsung 8 or be happy if they gave me some money toward a new phone. I still owe $180 on this piece of junk!

Samsung Moderator

@cpn84 Hello! I would be happy to take a look into these issues for you and see what we can do to try and resolve the situation. Would you be willing to send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2n71OsS with one of your Samsung ticket numbers? It will allow me to pull up your account and quickly review over all the information and things that have happened up to this point. 

Constellation

Yes, I will do that now. Thanks

Constellation

I was asked to follow the link and post a private message. I did this 2 days ago, still waiting for a respone. 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Uninstall any Google app that you can and use the Samsung equivalent. Go into apps>triple dot menu in the top right>permissions>body sensors>disallow Google Play Services. This reduces slowdown and apps misbehaving in my experience. You will occasionally get a notification about the missing permissions but they can be dismissed without concern. 

Google bloat is the cause of a lot of problems in most Android phones, since Google literally doesn't care if the system apps have resource management problems because the assumption is that most Android users have iphone user habits and don't keep many apps running at once.

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Edge 7 - terrible phone- NEED FOLLOW UP FROM SAMSUNG JECCA!

Samsung Jecca, still waiting for your response in private messages, Please answer. YOU TOLD ME TO SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE, I DID THAT 3 DAYS AGO, NO RESPONSE!!!!

Constellation

I don't want to get rid of google apps, I shouldn't have to do this with a phone of this cost. Thanks but I need a phone that works with all apps. 

Constellation

Also, my old Samsung Note worked great for years and I had no trouble with Google. The fact that the Edge 7 doesn't work will Google is not acceptable. There is some glitch with this awful phone.

Constellation

I am having major battery drainage issues and app freezing since the latest software update. It sounds like many are! Wondering is some of your issues are being caused by that. From what I read in another post, Samsung is doing absolutely NOTHING to resolve it.

All the suggestions are useless and it is cleary a software issue on my end because I NEVER had these problems until a few weeks ago. Extremely frustrating!