Original topic:

Galaxy S 9

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 09:58 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Im having problems with service I just bought this phone a month ago I called straight Talk been on the phone with them for 2 days now anyone having problems like I am i even backed up and reset my phone yesterday 
0 Likes
14 Replies
Jturtle20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What exactly is the problem you're experiencing?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It keeps saying searching for service my son and his girlfriend both use straight Talk same phones I can only make emergency calls i don't get it I was on the phone yesterday all day long it keeps going from full bars to nothing I get a circle with a line going through it and searching for service
0 Likes
Jturtle20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe that would be an issue with the SIM card and/or straightalk. Check to make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly ( here's a video on how to put in the sim card https://youtu.be/CtMNc9Mu_Zg ).

If it's inserted correctly, it is either an issue with the phone or the network, I'd recommend contacting the network provider and see if they can do anything, if they can't do anything, try contacting Samsung to see if it's an issue with the phone and see what they can do.

I'm sorry that is happening with your phone.
0 Likes
UstiJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No advice but it took 2 days to get my brand new/in box A11 synced to the straight talk network. I eventually had to go and manually select the "home" network for my area.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I do that
0 Likes
UstiJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Settings> connections> mobile networks> network operators

Then select manual search, wait for the network list to appear and select home.

I had to do it twice and now it works
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's set on home already im still getting searching for service
0 Likes
thetireguy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your should take your phone, and everything else you got with it to Walmart and have them either straighten out the phone problem or give you another phone. Sounds like it's their problem. I've had 5 straight talk phones and only had problems with one new one and I ended up getting a replacement from Walmart and the store manager giving me a phone case and car accessories my troubles
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My son changed the sim chip to att it's working fine now thx