JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Night Mode Screen timeout Bug

(Topic created: 08-14-2019 08:33 AM)
userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the night mode is turned on, in S10, the next morning it does NOT revert back the screen timeout but STAYS at 30 seconds. Every morning I have to go into Settings --> Display and move it back to the time I want. It should NOT stay at 30 sec. When night mode custom time ends, should it not revert back to the custom timeout time? Do I have to MANUALLY  edit the timeout every single day? Any fix for this?

15 Replies
Solution
userGalaxyS10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found the fix in another thread. Here it is - 

Settings --> Device Care --> Battery --> 3 dots --> Settings Optimize Settings --> Turn OFF

And it WORKED. No more timeout issues 🙂 

Much better option which I would recommend is - Follow same steps as above. Do not turn off Optimize Settings. Instead touch on it and you will see 3 more options under Optimize Settings. Here turn off Screen timeout. 

View solution in context

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update: Turning off adaptive battery also did not fix the screen timout bug. In the morning back to 30 seconds. This is very annoying, specially not knowing what is causing it. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

can u try not using optimized in battery settings, may be medium power saving ?

0 Likes
userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do not see a reason to use medium power saving. If the timeout screen is not functioning like it should then that issue should be fixed. Using medium power saving is not the solution, sorry.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix and having the software reflashed. This sounds like there is an issue in the software configuration. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8JUdYo8eh9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My Note 9 keeps going back to light mode. This happens even while I'm using it. It'll just suddenly go from dark mode to light. Is there a permanent fix?
0 Likes